April 7th, 2014 by Chloe
During this impending summer, you have to stay hydrated – but water gets old, and quick. I understand. Pinterest is full of ice cubes filled with fruit and herbs to subtly flavor water, and that is what inspired me for these. These Lemonade Ice Cubes are concentrated little things that melt slowly to flavor water into the perfect summer drink. There’s so many more ways to do this – but start here!
The recipe makes 4 cups of liquid. How many cubes you get will depend on your mold.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Yellow food coloring
- Quarter slices of lemon (optional)
- In a small pot, bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil. Add lemon zest and boil 1 minute.
- Transfer to a cup with a pour-able spout. Add 2 cups water, lemon juice and 2 drops yellow food coloring.
- Place lemon slices in ice cube mold. Pour mixture into mold.
- Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Add 1 cube per 8oz. of water.